Reiki is a wonderful ancient energy-balancing system rediscovered in Japan by Mikao Usui almost 100 years ago. Reiki is administered by “laying on hands” of the practitioner who channels the healing energy.
This popular method of holistic healing balances the body’s energy field and energy centers promoting the body’s own healing. Reiki is thus a natural and safe method that can help release deep-rooted emotions, balance the spirit, relieve pain and promote well-being.
Treatments induce a state of deep relaxation and therefore are an effective way to relieve stress. Reiki is often used as a complementary therapy, aiding in the healing process of patients recovering from illness, injuries, surgeries or emotional upheaval.
Reiki can help:
- relieve stress
- regain energy
- detoxify the body
- accelerate the healing process after injuries or surgeries
- alleviate the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- treat acute and chronic pain
- regulate blood pressure
- treat diabetes
- treat immune problems
- treat arthritis
- in the recovery from substance abuse
- relieve anxiety, depression or other emotional problems